Saturday, May 4, 2013

Latest Obsession:: Stonewall Kitchen Cilantro Lime Dressing

For a while, I'd gotten burned out on eating salads and just the thought of eating another one made my skin crawl.

But, while in Whole Foods and couple weeks ago, I picked up some salad mix [this kind] and so I had to get dressing. I knew I didn't want any with a bunch of preservatives because I'm eating clean

Could I make my own dressing? Yes. Do I want to? No

The one I decided to pick was Stonewall Kitchen's [they included no Xanthan Gum] Cilantro Lime dressing.



Ingredients: Canola Oil, Cider Vinegar, Pure Olive Oil, Salt, Spices, Dried Minced Garlic, Natural Lime Flavor, Dried Lime Granules, Cilantro Oil.


I'm a little weirded out by "natural lime flavor", what the hell could that be? But as you can see, that hasn't stopped me from using it!! It is extremely tart, so if you don't like those types of dressings, I suggest you skip this one. They have other flavors though. I can't be certain, but I think some of them do contain Xanthan Gum.


I've used this dressing on my salads and also as a marinade for my grilled chicken. It's delicious both ways! {I really want to make cold pasta salad with this. Yum!}

This was $6-7 at Whole Foods and I'm sure it's available at other health food stores.


What's your latest obsession??



No comments:

Post a Comment

No rude comments please! They won't be approved. I'd love to read your health/fitness blogs, leave me links!! :)